Thursday, July 23, 2015

Louis asked me what my core values were.

Thanks, Louis for your words of encouragement and comfort.

Who am I??  What are my core values?  Yes, important to ask oneself.

My core values boil down to my belief that one takes the people presented to us by the stream of life and accept that they have come our way for a reason, for our own growth or you for theirs.  I do not feel comfortable leaving someone outside my door when I could have helped them with some problem.  Nor do I shut my door when someone has come along who seems to have something to teach me.  I don't wrap myself in one tight cocoon handed me by family and culture and assume that I am privileged to belong to the "only best".  Sure I love those granted me by the unclear preexistence.  But progress toward the goal of more perfection can't be expected to stay in one condition all the time, not even in this life.  When a door closes, like when a mate dies, then look to open another, even though it is scary.  I assume that my guardian angels or spirits or whatever you call higher beings have not abandoned me and are urging me to experience new growing situations as long at this body can hold out.  Why park my ability to explore this world and this present incarnation in a sterile bubble which others can pat occasionally, whisper "Good old girl" and go on with their own lives, expecting me to stay put and wait for the next moment when they might need what I had come to represent.

No comments: